[matroska-general] Dual License

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Fri Feb 14 09:59:59 CET 2003

Here is an interview of the CEO of Trolltech who make Qt which is QPL/GPL dual
licensed.

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/interviews/4673/1/

This is the same license system that we chose.

As I explained to Christian, the QPL allows the use of the library with any
other open source license except GPL ones. The GPL addition makes this possible.
But the GPL doesn't allow the use of the library with QPL softwares for example
(that's where people will use the QPL one).

As said in the source files, if anybody can't comply with any of those license,
they can ask us for another one :)
http://matroska.org