[matroska-general] Re: file check/repair tool

Cyrius suiryc at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 12 15:45:31 CET 2003

> > > existing to parse matroska file. It's up to you
> to decide which way
> > you
> > want to
> > > go :)
> >
> > I dont agree ;-) ! It should be our decision as
> the team leaders how
> > the
> > tools should be developed. Thana was offering us
> to join the team as
> > an
> > active member, so this is much different to
> somebody wokring on his
> > own, outside the team, doing his own things.
>
> I hear what you say, but it's thana's decision to
> decide which stuff he wants to
> work on, knowing there are many possibilities. So
> far we haven't listed these
> works and put some priorities.
> After all, he's coming to acquire some knowledge, as
> we all do, so let him chose
> the ones he wants :) As you said, we're here because
> it's fun. If it's not fun
> anymore (orders) then it's not worth it.

We have been asked to give our opinion and here I
agree with Steve. The best we can do is list what we
had in mind (i.e. this could be a real program doing
the work, or a library that could be used by other
programs; well my opinion is a little biased here : it
could be in C/C++ ;) ...).
But it's up to thana to choose what he prefers to do
(well unless you pay him to do the work :p).