[matroska-general] Re: MPC opensource project founded on corecodec.org

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Mon Feb 3 18:22:09 CET 2003

En réponse à Kimmo <kimmo at poispakkoruotsi.com>:

> Will Matroska support MPC sound?

Definitely !

As soon as Frank think the code is ready to put it in another container (that
means SV8 is well advanced) that will be my top priority ! Provided that
libmatroska is well advanced too...

There are different plans for this. A lot of people will play matroska through
the DirectShow filter. So there has to be a way to decode MPC in that
environment. The options are :
- hard coded in the matroska DShow filter (not clean)
- make a standalone MPC decoder (cleanest option)
- have UCI working inside DirectShow, and make a UCI version of the MPC
encoder/decoder (best solution)

Considering the time and resource we have to work on this, we'll choose these
options in this ascending order.
http://matroska.org