[matroska-general] MPC opensource project founded on corecodec.org

ChristianHJW christian.hj.wiesner at web.de
Mon Feb 3 17:27:40 CET 2003

Gentlemen,

i have the pleasure to announce that today the MPC opensource project was founded on http://corecodec.org .

The preliminary URL is http://corecodec.org/projects/mpc until a nice homepage was done for http://mpc.corecodec.org ( i'd love to copy Frank's or case's homepage for the time being ;) ... no time and no talent to create a new one ).

Some parts of the MPC encoder sources were already sent to Steve 'robux4' LHomme from Frank Klemm to be uploaded to the CVS tree once we have it functional ( waiting for a patch from gforge author ). Please note also that Steve and Frank are talking about creating this project together, means Steve actively participating on MPC development.

Important :

Please do not publically announce this for the time being !!! The people reading this list here can be considered a very small group ( this will include the lurkers from Xiph via gmane.org ;) ), and it wont hurt us much if the news would be spread out now, but i would like to ask you to avoid any form of advertisement for the time being, if ever possible. This information is sent to you to avoid any bad feelings, and to also give you the chance to object to the foundation of the project if you feel this had to be done, for whatever reason.

There are also some important decisions pending :

1. Webboard. Normally it is in the scope of the corecodec community supplies to have a dedicated webforum for every opensource project hosted on Corecodec. However, as there already is a very well working MPC section on hydrogenaudio, and with respect to the very friendly and cooperative relations the Corecodec team has with the admins of this community, it may be worth considering to not follow the corecodec policy here and use the HA.org forums instead.

2. Mailing Lists : I am not aware of any MLs for MPC. If there are any, pls. point me to these lists so i can announce them on the MPC project homepage. Else i suggest creating

mpc-devel at freelists.org
mpc-general at freelists.org

for now. This should be enough, if we fell we need more we can do later.

3. Project Admins/Members :

Frank, Steve, can you please go to corecodec.org by time and register an account there, so i can add you to the project admins. If anybody else feels he wants to be added as dev or admin, pls. reply here ( Case ? ).

I wish the project all the luck it honestly deserves, and it makes me proud to have had the chance to become a small participant in it, if only by filling out the registration form and completing the trove categorization ( lol ).

Best regards

ChristianHJW

http://matroska.org