[matroska-general] Opensource, open standard multimedia container format

Christian HJ Wiesner christian at matroska.org
Mon Feb 3 10:29:18 CET 2003

Hi,

a friend just had pointed me to your homepage and the link about mpx. I just wnated to inform you that

matroska on http://matroska.org

is serving the same needs, but is opensource and open standard, covered by GPL and QPL licenses.

Supported codecs will be

- all VfW codecs ( DivX, XviD, MP4V2/3, etc. )

- all ACM codecs ( MP3 CBR )

- all MPEG4 profiles ( SP, SAP, AP )

- AC3, AAC

- Vorbis, Theora, Tarkin