[Matroska-general] Re: VobSub SSA subtitles in matroska

Yusaku yusaku at anime.cz
Fri Dec 26 11:44:17 CET 2003

> Actually, i tried your method too a little while ago,
> Did you read this?
> http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65969

Nope... Hmmm... that's... unorthodox way :). Well, at least this way you
save the colors ^_^.

> I had this problem too:
> "There's a tool called SubLog Extractor Filter
> <http://www.xs4all.nl/%7Evielle/video/sublog.html> ,
> which can generate "original" vobsub (idx/sub) files from textsub data.
> Gabest's vobsub tools are happy with the resulted idx/sub,
> while MKVMerge does not accept such files, saying "vobsub_packetizer:
> Unsupported MPEG version: 0x00"
> If you open the .sub file in question with binary editor and replace all
> the "00 00 01 BA 00" headers with "01 00 01 BA 00" or "00 01 01 BA 00",
> then MKVMerge will be "fooled" and accept this .sub file.
> However, if there's no reason to reject "version 0x00", could you please
> accept it, because it is actually used by this tool (SubLog)?"
>
> And Mosu answered here

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64548&perpage=20&pagenumber=7

As said in the other thread of this conversation, it is actually not copied
into matroska, thus being mosu's fault (although... not exactly, as the file
produced by SubLog extractor IS borked).

> I had another problem: SubLog Extractor sometimes made "noisy" short
> lines around the real subs.
> Now I saw the similar (noisy) short lines in your sample too.

Could you send me a sample screenshot with what you believe are these "noisy
lines"? Because I spent some 12 hours debugging SubLog to find that &*(*)
bloody error in RLE encoding that did this.

Yusaku