[Matroska-general] mkvtoolnix 0.6.4 released
moritz at bunkus.org
Wed Aug 27 21:01:24 CEST 2003
I've just released another bug fix release: 0.6.4. It will probably be
the last bug fix release from the 0.6.x line. Time for some new features
There have been a lot of bug fixes in almost all parts of
mkvtoolnix. Some only fix things that happen seldom while others fix
The link is:
A note for the Windows users: You should upgrade Gabest's Matroska
filter to the newest version which was released today. Here's the link:
Linux users should update mplayer. This has something to do with the
meta seek changes which are described in the ChangeLog and in mkvmerge's
documentation under the heading 'MATROSKA FILE LAYOUT'.
Here's the ChangeLog:
2003-08-27 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* Released v0.6.4.
* mkvextract: Support for re-creating dropped frames when
extracting video to an AVI. Works only well if the frame durations
in the source file are multiples of the frame rate, of course.
* mkvmerge: The MP3 packetizer did not start at 0 with its
timecodes. It does now.
* mkvmerge: Proper support for dropped frames when reading AVI files.
* mkvmerge: Fixed some missing default values in the Matroska
reader (e.g. mono audio files). Reported by Liisachan.
2003-08-25 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: Improved all command line parsing error messages.
* mkvmerge: Improved the error message for the XML tag file parser
if an invalid &-sequence is found.
* mkvextract: Strings are postprocessed so that the special
characters &, <, >, " are replaced by their HTML equivalents
&, <, > and ".
2003-08-24 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: Disabled lacing by default and renamed --no-lacing to
--enable-lacing. With all the proper info about the laced frames
lacing is actually producing larger files than without lacing.
* mkvmerge: Meta seek element is split into two elements. The
first's located at the start of the file containing only a small
number of level 1 elements. The clusters are referenced in a
second meta seek element located at the end of the file. Removed
the options "--meta-seek-size" and "--no-meta-seek". Added the
option to disable that second meta seek entry,
2003-08-22 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvextract: Backwards compatibility: Accepts S_SSA and S_ASS as
valid CodecIDs (new CodecIDs are S_TEXT/SSA and S_TEXT/ASS).
* mkvmerge: Bugfix: If a subtitle packet was the last packet in a
cluster then its duration was not written resulting in a broken file.
2003-08-21 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvinfo: Added support for the following elements:
KaxPrevFilename, KaxNextFilename, KaxTrackFlagEnabled,
KaxTrackName, KaxCodecName, KaxCodecSettings, KaxCodecInfoURL,
KaxCodecDownloadURL, KaxCodecDecodeAll, KaxTrackOverlay,
KaxAudioPosition, KaxAudioOutputSamplingFreq, KaxVideoDisplayUnit,
KaxVideoColourSpace, KaxVideoGamma, KaxVideoFlagInterlaced,
KaxVideoStereoMode, KaxVideoAspectRatio, KaxClusterPosition,
KaxClusterPrevSize, KaxBlockVirtual, KaxBlockAdditions,
KaxBlockMore, KaxBlockAddID, KaxBlockAdditional,
KaxReferenceVirtual, KaxSliceBlockAddID, KaxChapters,
KaxEditionEntry, KaxChapterAtom, KaxChapterUID,
KaxChapterTimeStart, KaxChapterTimeEnd, KaxChapterTrack,
KaxChapterTrackNumber, KaxChapterDisplay, KaxChapterString,
==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)
More information about the Matroska-general