[Matroska-general] mkvtoolnix 0.6.1
moritz at bunkus.org
Mon Aug 11 19:46:53 CEST 2003
Here it is, the new mkvtoolnix version: 0.6.1. This is a pure bugfix
release that addresses a lot of issues that 0.6.0 unfortunately
contained. I would have been happier to have 0.6.0 as stable and bug
free as 0.6.1 is now, but some bugs I simply wouldn't have found without
your feedback, and for others there was simply not enough time.
Anyway, this is the ChangeLog:
2003-08-11 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* Released v0.6.1.
* mkvmerge: RealVideo: Support for all kinds of frames including
"short" and "merged" frames (results are identical to Gabest's
2003-08-10 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: The aspect ratio setting will only cause upscaling of
the current video dimensions which are then put into
KaxVideoDisplayWidth and KaxVideoDisplayHeight.
* mkvextract: Changed how the global elements are handled by
taking the parent's size into account. This re-enables processing
of files produced with the latest VirtualDubMod.
* mkvmerge: Changed how the Matroska reader handles global
elements by taking the parent's size into account. This re-enables
processing of files produced with the latest VirtualDubMod.
* mkvinfo: Changed how mkvinfo handles global elements by taking
the parent's size into account. Hopefully this is now correct.
* mkvextract: Support for MultiComment tags.
* mkvmerge: Fixed support for reading MultiComment tags from
XML tag files.
* mkvmerge: Allow some slightly broken Matroska files to be
processed correctly if the reference blocks are off by at most 1ms.
2003-08-09 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: MP3: Better support for other MPEG versions and layers
(number of samples per packet).
* mkvinfo: Added Adler32 calculation and display for frame
contents with the -c option.
* mkvmerge: RealAudio: "dnet" is actually byte-swapped AC3 and is
being treated as such (re-swapped and output as AC3).
* mkvmerge: Fixed a bug with chapters and splitting which would
crash mkvmerge if no chapter belonged into the output file.
As always you can get it at
Have a nice evening.
==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)
More information about the Matroska-general