[Matroska-general] Re: Release Time ! The CHIP release is ready to go ....

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Mon Aug 4 16:20:45 CEST 2003

Markus,

here the misssing links :

Hi Markus,

here the 2nd go ( matroska feature list was already updated :
http://cvs.corecodec.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/matroska/doc/website/features.html

) :

Christian HJ Wiesner wrote:

> Hi Markus, Hi all,
>
> this is a great day for the complete project, we have basically
> everything working for the upcoming chip release, only some last
> recompiles against the very latest library.
>
> 3. DirectShow parser filters / matroska playback installer : We
> decided to include Gabest's filters in this release, as our own
> 'official' filter gave problems with seeking in the file on some
> tester machines, while Gabest's filter will also have a Async_reader
> structure. However, we will prepare a complete NSIS installer with
> automatic version checking for Win9x/ME ( we cant install the unicode
> versions on them ), and will deliver this package tested via email to
> you until this afternoon.

http://www.sirelvis.de/matroska/Matroska%20Codec%20Pack.exe
<http://www.sirelvis.de/matroska/Matroska%20Codec%20Pack.exe>

Only allowed stuff, all GPL or freeware, no CoreAAC, and all with
automatic Windows version detection !

http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/win32/mkvtoolnix-0.6.0.zip
<http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/win32/mkvtoolnix-0.6.0.zip>

> 5. mmg : the Windows GUI for mkvmerge, its working very good including
> chapters, and the recompile of mkvmerge ( see above ) wont change
> anything in the CLI structure of the program. To be obtained here :
> http://corecodec.org/projects/mmg

Installer pack with mmg and mkvmerge :
http://corecodec.org/download.php/13/mmg_installer_0.6.0-r2.exe
<http://corecodec.org/download.php/13/mmg_installer_0.6.0-r2.exe>
GUI alone : http://corecodec.org/download.php/11/mmg_0.6.0-r2.zip
Project Download Page :
http://corecodec.org/project/showfiles.php?group_id=27&release_id=29

> 6. TCMP RC4 : The guys are still asleep, but i know its ready, the
> Pre-RC4 was tested heavily by several members already and found to be
> good and much more stable than RC3. Its coming also with jcsston's
> great matroska CDL, with full access to all matroska tags, for both
> reading and writing. Its already compiled against libmatroska 0.5.0
> and working fine

Released now : http://blacksun.corecodec.org/tcmp !!!!

Happy testing and article writing ;)

BTW : we will send a lot of announcements out to various webboards and
mailing lists about this last important update of the project, and
decided to call it 'CHIP release' ;-) .....