[Matroska-general] Re: Plans for a major matroska release

Liisachan Liisachan at faireal.net
Sun Aug 3 02:37:09 CEST 2003

Christian HJ Wiesner wrote:

> Sample files :
>
> Together with this software release i think it would be appopriate to
> release some sample files also, to show what matroska can do :
>
> - Matrix Reloaded Trailer in 720 x 576 ( mf ) : Made with anamorphic AR
> from a 1000 x 540 QT source file, audio is Vorbis 5.1 ( from QT source
> ), SRT subs are : english, finnish, japanese, spanish, portugese,
> slovenian, catalan, russian ; in preparation : maltesian, arabian
>
> - Liisachan Trailer : as mf's trailer is roughly 2 minutes long and
> about 25 MB in size, i will ask Liisachan for a comparably small anime
> sample sniplet with about 5 - 8 MB, and preferably one or more SSA
> subtitles tracks.

The requested sample file is now ready, and available at
http://m17n.cool.ne.jp/matroska/

It's 7.8 MB, XviD Video (640x480) + Vorbis Audio + 16 SSAs

This file is "final"--QC'ed and well-tested in my side,
playable with WMP, TCMP, MPC, Bs, Zoom, etc--and like you said in #matroska
you can now mirror it.

Liisachan