[Matroska-general] OSX playback should work

Liisachan Liisachan at faireal.net
Fri Aug 1 19:51:14 CEST 2003

Steve Lhomme wrote:

>https://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=175170
>
>A new release of MPlayerOSX with this :
> - Latest Mplayer binary with support for Matroska media type.
>
>Dunno if it was tested or not. I will test it myself tonight or tomorrow !

As i posted this news to my webpage,
one of my readers tested it and reported this:

http://ccm.sherry.jp/cgi-bin/libroverde/libroverde.cgi/?08012143
saying:

<quote>
WOW! Matroska does play successfully on Mac!!

* vsshort-mp3.mkv successfully

* vsshort-vorbis-ar-1.33.mkv successfully
libogg libvorbis static-lined, I wonder?

* soft-ssa-sample (v6.beta).mkv successfully, only no subs

* It won't added to the Playlist even if you open and play it.
* "Add to Playlist" makes it crash
* As the Playlist doesnt work, I cannot use the [i] button at the right
bottom.
* No problem about smoothness. No noticeable dropped frames.
</quote>

note: "soft-ssa-sample (v6.beta).mkv" is that "Tokyo mew mew with 15 SSA's"
http://ld-anime.faireal.net/guide/test.matroska

* Liisachan *