[Matroska-devel] MKVPROPEDIT QUESTION

Dave Rice dave at dericed.com
Tue Apr 17 17:16:52 CEST 2018

Hi Andy,

> On Apr 17, 2018, at 2:24 AM, Andy Artzer <andyartzer at faintegrations.com> wrote:
>
> I tried to find support online.  spent a couple days working with different tag tools and .net code.
> Using mkvpropedit I can update a tag for mkv that will read with windows media player.  I thought the instructions said I could add a tag for Artist even if it’s a movie.
>
> Is it possible to add a tag using mkvpropedit like artists?  Please any help or guidance to get artist as a valid tag would be greatly appreciated.

I think you would have to generate some sort of xml to do this.

For instance test.xml={
<Tags>
  <Tag>
    <Simple>
      <Name>ARTIST</Name>
      <String>Dave</String>
    </Simple>
  </Tag>
</Tags>
}

Then use mkvpropedit to insert it:

mkvpropedit -t global:test.xml test.mkv

This would add (or overwrite) the ARTIST value for that Target (the whole Segment).

Dave Rice