[Matroska-devel] last frame duration

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Fri Feb 24 20:44:17 CET 2017

Hey,

> Could anyone help to check if the file is 100% spec-compliant ? If default
> duration is 0, do I need to set last frame duration?

Yes.

> or should it be calculated by whole duration - last frame position?

No. The file duration is calculated from the frame timestamps &
duration, not the other way around. Additionally, the file duration
doesn't have to refer to a certain track at all; it can easily be the
difference between the first audio frame's timestamp and the last
subtitle frame's timestamp+duration if that is the biggest
timestamp+duration in the file.

Kind regards,
mosu