[Matroska-devel] WebM 2

Michael Bradshaw mjbshaw at google.com
Mon Oct 31 17:28:50 CET 2016

Correct me if I'm wrong, Frank, but AFAIK the WebM DocTypeVersion and
DocTypeReadVersion correspond to which version of Matroska elements are
being used. For example, consider the Opus WebM streams in the YouTube
video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkVqJ1SGeL0

The DocTypeVersion is 4 and the DocTypeReadVersion is 2. If you remux the
Opus WebM track with FFmpeg (either as WebM or Matroska) then FFmpeg will
also write a DocTypeVersion of 4 and a DocTypeReadVersion of 2.