[Matroska-devel] [Cellar] Menu System in Matroska Files

Nithin Mathew Kurien via Matroska-devel matroska-devel at lists.matroska.org
Mon Jan 25 16:53:08 CET 2016

Hi,

I downloaded DvdMenuXtractor (rev1295) from
http://tirnanog.fate.jp/mirror/DvdMenuXtractor/ and tested it on a
DVD. The program completed execution and output .BAT files along with
the demuxed tracks. I use the latest versions of MKVToolNix (v.8.8.0)
and VLC Player (v.2.2.1). When I ran the .BAT files which invoked
MKVToolNix, most of them aborted execution midway with error. A few of
them completed, but when I opened the resulting MKV files in VLC, it
showed the error "VLC can't recognize the input's format:
The format cannot be detected." It seems that DVDMenuXtractor is not
working correctly. Is there any way to fix this? Are there some
example MKV files with menus which I can test in VLC?

Thanks and regards,
Nithin