[Matroska-devel] MVC base view: left or right eye

Hendrik Leppkes via Matroska-devel matroska-devel at lists.matroska.org
Mon Jan 25 16:31:32 CET 2016

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 12:36 PM, Moritz Bunkus via Matroska-devel
<matroska-devel at lists.matroska.org> wrote:
> Hey,
>
>> Its a single track, but none of the stereomode values would seem to be
>> a "perfect" fit, 13/14 coming the closest, but its not actually
>> "laced", just two encoded views in the same packet.
>
> Then values 13/14 are the right ones. Don't think of interlacing. Values
> 13/14 do not mean that first one line from the left eye is encoded, then
> one line from the right eye, then one from the left etc. Instead they're
> supposed to mean exactly what we have in this situation: first the whole
> frame for one eye, then the whole frame for the other eye, but both
> within the same Matroska block.

I didn't think of interlacing, more like Matroskas form of "lacing" in
the Block, but if thats just a descriptive word used here and not
actually required to be coded like this in the Block, then those
values are indeed fine.

Thanks.

- Hendrik