[Matroska-devel] [Cellar] Colour Format proposal

Frank Galligan via Matroska-devel matroska-devel at lists.matroska.org
Thu Feb 18 20:50:27 CET 2016

Here is the current proposal, minus the reference to the 265 doc.

The parent element would be Video [E0].

Element Name: Colour

Level:        4

ID:           [55][B0]

Mandatory:    -

Multiple:     -

Default:      -

Type:         m

Element Name: MatrixCoefficients

Level:        5

ID:           [55][B1]

Mandatory:    -

Multiple:     -

Default:      2

Type:         u

             chroma values from reg, green, and blue color primaries. For

             clarity, the value and meanings for MatrixCoefficients are
adopted

             from Table 4 of ISO/IEC 23001-8:2013/DCOR1. (0:GBR, 1: BT709,

             2: Unspecified, 3: Reserved, 4: FCC, 5: BT470BG, 6: SMPTE 170M,

             7: SMPTE 240M, 8: YCOCG, 9: BT2020 Non-constant Luminance,

             10: BT2020 Constant Luminance)

Element Name: BitsPerChannel

Level:        5

ID:           [55][B2]

Mandatory:    -

Multiple:     -

Default:      0

Type:         u

that

             the BitsPerChannel is unspecified.

Element Name: ChromaSubsamplingHorz

Level:        5

ID:           [55][B3]

Mandatory:    -

Multiple:     -

Default:      -

Type:         u

every

             pixel not removed horizontally. Example: For video with 4:2:0

             chroma subsampling, the ChromaSubsamplingHorz should be set to
1.

Element Name: ChromaSubsamplingVert

Level:        5

ID:           [55][B4]

Mandatory:    -

Multiple:     -

Default:      -

Type:         u

every

             pixel not removed vertically. Example: For video with 4:2:0
chroma

             subsampling, the ChromaSubsamplingVert should be set to 1.

Element Name: CbSubsamplingHorz

Level:        5

ID:           [55][B5]

Mandatory:    -

Multiple:     -

Default:      -

Type:         u

pixel

             not removed horizontally. This is additive with

             ChromaSubsamplingHorz. Example: For video with 4:2:1 chroma

             subsampling, the ChromaSubsamplingHorz should be set to 1 and

             CbSubsamplingHorz should be set to 1.

Element Name: CbSubsamplingVert

Level:        5

ID:           [55][B6]

Mandatory:    -

Multiple:     -

Default:      -

Type:         u

pixel

             not removed vertically. This is additive with

             ChromaSubsamplingVert.

Element Name: ChromaSitingHorz

Level:        5

ID:           [55][B7]

Mandatory:    -

Multiple:     -

Default:      0

Type:         u

Left

             collocated , 2: Half)

Element Name: ChromaSitingVert

Level:        5

ID:           [55][B8]

Mandatory:    -

Multiple:     -

Default:      0

Type:         u

             collocated , 2: Half)

Element Name: Range

Level:        5

ID:           [55][B9]

Mandatory:    -

Multiple:     -

Default:      0

Type:         u

range,

             2: Full range (no clipping), 3: Defined by

             MatrixCoefficients/TransferCharacteristics)

Element Name: TransferCharacteristics

Level:        5

ID:           [55][BA]

Mandatory:    -

Multiple:     -

Default:      2

Type:         u

value

             and meanings for TransferCharacteristics 1-15 are adopted from

             Table 3 of ISO/IEC 23001-8:2013/DCOR1. TransferCharacteristics

             16-17 are adopted from <265 doc> and 18 is the proposed value
of

             ARIB STD-B67. (0: Reserved, 1: ITU-R BT.709, 2: Unspecified,

             3: Reserved, 4: Gamma 2.2 curve, 5: Gamma 2.8 curve,

             6: SMPTE 170M, 7: SMPTE 240M, 8: Linear, 9: Log, 10: Log Sqrt,

             11: IEC 61966-2-4, 12: ITU-R BT.1361 Extended Colour Gamut,

             13: IEC 61966-2-1, 14: ITU-R BT.2020 10 bit,

             15: ITU-R BT.2020 12 bit, 16: SMPTE ST 2084, 17: SMPTE ST 428-1

             18: ARIB STD-B67 (HLG))

Element Name: Primaries

Level:        5

Mandatory:    -

Multiple:     -

ID:           [55][BB]

Default:      2

Type:         u

             meanings for Primaries are adopted from Table 2 of

             ISO/IEC 23001-8:2013/DCOR1. (0: Reserved, 1: ITU-R BT.709,

             2: Unspecified, 3: Reserved, 4: ITU-R BT.470M, 5: ITU-R
BT.470BG,

             6: SMPTE 170M, 7: SMPTE 240M, 8: FILM, 9: ITU-R BT.2020,

             10: SMPTE ST 428-1, 22: JEDEC P22 phosphors)

Element Name: MaxCLL

Level:        5

ID:           [55][BC]

Mandatory:    -

Multiple:     -

Default:      -

Type:         u

Level)

             in candelas per square meter (cd/m²).

Element Name: MaxFALL

Level:        5

ID:           [55][BD]

Mandatory:    -

Multiple:     -

Default:      -

Type:         u

Frame-Average

             Light Level) in candelas per square meter (cd/m²).

Element Name: MasteringMetadata

Level:        5

ID:           [55][D0]

Mandatory:    -

Multiple:     -

Default:      -

Type:         m

Element Name: PrimaryRChromaticityX

Level:        6

ID:           [55][D1]

Mandatory:    -

Multiple:     -

Range:        0.0 <= f <= 1.0

Default:      -

Type:         f

Element Name: PrimaryRChromaticityY

Level:        6

ID:           [55][D2]

Mandatory:    -

Multiple:     -

Range:        0.0 <= f <= 1.0

Default:      -

Type:         f

Element Name: PrimaryGChromaticityX

Level:        6

ID:           [55][D3]

Mandatory:    -

Multiple:     -

Range:        0.0 <= f <= 1.0

Default:      -

Element Name: PrimaryGChromaticityY

Level:        6

ID:           [55][D4]

Mandatory:    -

Multiple:     -

Range:        0.0 <= f <= 1.0

Default:      -

Type:         f

Element Name: PrimaryBChromaticityX

Level:        6

ID:           [55][D5]

Mandatory:    -

Multiple:     -

Range:        0.0 <= f <= 1.0

Default:      -

Type:         f

Element Name: PrimaryBChromaticityY

Level:        6

ID:           [55][D6]

Mandatory:    -

Multiple:     -

Range:        0.0 <= f <= 1.0

Default:      -

Type:         f

Element Name: WhitePointChromaticityX

Level:        6

ID:           [55][D7]

Mandatory:    -

Multiple:     -

Range:        0.0 <= f <= 1.0

Default:      -

Type:         f

Element Name: WhitePointChromaticityY

Level:        6

ID:           [55][D8]

Mandatory:    -

Multiple:     -

Range:        0.0 <= f <= 1.0

Default:      -

Type:         f

Element Name: LuminanceMax

Level:        6

ID:           [55][D9]

Mandatory:    -

Multiple:     -

Range:        0.0 <= f <= 9999.99

Default:      -

Type:         f

             meter (cd/m²).

Element Name: LuminanceMin

Level:        6

ID:           [55][DA]

Mandatory:    -

Multiple:     -

Range:        0.0 <= f <= 999.9999

Default:      -

Type:         f

             meter (cd/m²).

[IEC23001-8] ISO/IEC 23001-8:2013/DCOR1, "Coding independent media
description code points", 2013, <
http://standards.iso.org/ittf/PubliclyAvailableStandards/c062088_ISO_IEC_23001-8_2013.zip
>.

<reference to h265 doc)