[Matroska-devel] Several (minor) issues or underspecified areas in the MKV spec
mjbshaw at google.com
Tue Sep 29 03:03:09 CEST 2015
Hi! I'll launch right into my questions:
- In the MKV spec, where it has examples for lacing, when it says "400
octets" does it mean 500?
- What’s the point of default values for non-mandatory elements in the
MKV spec? Why not make them mandatory if they have a default value?
- Is the duration of a block always evenly distributed amongst its
frames (for a block that has multiple laced frames in it)? I don’t see any
explicit mention in the MKV spec as to how the block’s duration is supposed
to be distributed to its frames, and I think that should be mentioned.
- How can the EBMLMaxIDLength be less than 4, when the EBML and Segment
IDs are 4 bytes? Shouldn’t the EBML spec require the range to be > 4 and
the MKV speck require it be exactly 4?
- Are the "EBML Elements Order Guidelines
<http://matroska.org/technical/order/index.html>" normative? The word
"guidelines" in the title suggests no, these are merely suggestions, but
the language (i.e. "must") used on that page sounds like it's intended to
Additionally, I have several questions of a similar nature regarding the
EBML spec (including a typo); is the best place to ask those on the
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Matroska-devel