[Matroska-devel] New Matroska field: Field Order

Jerome Martinez jerome at mediaarea.net
Thu Sep 24 11:46:21 CEST 2015

Le 23/09/2015 18:22, Steve Lhomme a écrit :
> In the case of raw data, indepenedent of the Chroma Subsampling the
> data can be interlaced. Normally it's 2 half pictures with the line of
> one picture display, then a line of the other, etc. But in some cases
> the interlacing can be a lot more complex.
>
> We need a better way to describe these than the basic enabled flag that we have:
> http://matroska.org/technical/specs/index.html#FlagInterlaced
>
> Some pictures formats use different techniques
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interlacing_%28bitmaps%29
>
> Myabe having a (growing) list of techniques would be better than
> describing all the possible ones with various fields and some math
> formulas...

Do we need to know in the Matroska container the complex interlacement
if this one is already described in the compression format?
I think this field is most useful for uncompressed content (so there is
no information in the raw stream itself) so that we should focus on
uncompressed format only.
(and for the moment, I see only two methods: top or first field first).