[Matroska-devel] New Matroska field: Field Order

Steve Lhomme slhomme at matroska.org
Wed Sep 23 18:22:00 CEST 2015

In the case of raw data, indepenedent of the Chroma Subsampling the
data can be interlaced. Normally it's 2 half pictures with the line of
one picture display, then a line of the other, etc. But in some cases
the interlacing can be a lot more complex.

We need a better way to describe these than the basic enabled flag that we have:
http://matroska.org/technical/specs/index.html#FlagInterlaced

Some pictures formats use different techniques
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interlacing_%28bitmaps%29

Myabe having a (growing) list of techniques would be better than
describing all the possible ones with various fields and some math
formulas...

--
Steve Lhomme
Matroska association Chairman