[Matroska-devel] New Matroska field: extra broadcast data

Steve Lhomme slhomme at matroska.org
Wed Sep 23 18:13:18 CEST 2015

In addition to close caption, broadcasting often carries data in some
non displayed pixels, especially in analog videos. We should be able
to store those invisible information in the container as well.

The first that comes to might is Teletext in Europe. There might be others.

Given it's in the video frames it should probably be a kind of
track(s). We already extract the closed caption. We could extra some
others with different "codec" and/or keep the rest of the data raw to
be handled by other processes, outside of the scope of Matroska.

--
Steve Lhomme
Matroska association Chairman