[Matroska-devel] Proposed IETF working group for standardization of Matroska

Fri Sep 11 20:32:57 CEST 2015

08.09.2015, 20:32 Tessa Fallon:

Hello,

> A new charter for an IETF working group to standardize FFV1, FLAC, and
> Matroska has been shared on the IETF Dispatch working group for review:
> https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/dispatch/uTpBvSubeyDMTUAoupa5XZOS86Y
>
> If you're not already subscribed to the Dispatch mailing list, please do so
> here:

I had already subscribed to the Dispatch mailing list.

Am I supposed to say something (in favor) of creating a working group,
even though I might not participate in working on anything regarding the
goal?

I'm not sure if I have anything to contribute nor do I know if I would
find the time. I might be busy for a longer period of time and not be
able to give any input. I'm not even sure if I am willing to give input
for various reasons.

> I look forward to your feedback and to discussion of the charter.  If
> you're interested in working on this, I especially hope to hear from you!

>> *Proposed Name*: CELLAR: Codec Encoding for LossLess Archiving and Realtime
>> transmission

Does this name have any relevance later on? I don't know what 'Codec
Encoding' would mean.

STELLAR: STructured Encoding for LossLess Archiving and Realtime transmisson

>> Standards Track specification [...]

What do these sentences mean?

Standardization of the track specification? The current 'standard' of
the track specification?

Best regards,
Sebastian G. (bastik)