[Matroska-devel] Several (minor) issues or underspecified areas in the MKV spec

Dave Rice dave at dericed.com
Fri Oct 16 08:12:08 CEST 2015

Based on these comments I added several PR's to the EBML Specification. Please review.

I wrote some clarifications here https://github.com/Matroska-Org/ebml-specification/pull/25 <https://github.com/Matroska-Org/ebml-specification/pull/25>.
https://github.com/Matroska-Org/ebml-specification/pull/26 <https://github.com/Matroska-Org/ebml-specification/pull/26>.

I started a definition of EBML Document here: https://github.com/Matroska-Org/ebml-specification/pull/28 <https://github.com/Matroska-Org/ebml-specification/pull/28>. CRC (at least in the EBML Spec) is level 1+ so couldn't occur before an EBML element unless inside another valid level 0 element that is itself preceded by another EBML Header.
Thanks. https://github.com/Matroska-Org/ebml-specification/pull/29 <https://github.com/Matroska-Org/ebml-specification/pull/29>.
> The EBML spec says that the Reserved ID (all bits set to 1) is the only ID that may change the Length Descriptor (the count of leading zeroes + 1). What exactly does it mean to "change the Length Descriptor?" Does this mean a Length Descriptor can be > 4 (even if EBMLMaxIDLength = 4) iff the ID is the Reserved ID?
Thanks,
Dave Rice