[Matroska-devel] matroska.org redirecting to HTTPS without a valid cert

Michael Bradshaw mjbshaw at google.com
Wed Nov 18 22:24:36 CET 2015

It looks like there was a recent change to the website. It now tries to 301
redirect to HTTPS:

$ curl -v http://matroska.org
* Rebuilt URL to: http://matroska.org/
*   Trying 176.9.1.148...
* Connected to matroska.org (176.9.1.148) port 80 (#0)
> GET / HTTP/1.1
> Host: matroska.org
> Accept: */*

< HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
< Server: nginx/1.9.3
< Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 21:19:00 GMT
< Connection: keep-alive
< Location: http://matroska.org/blog/
<
<center><h1>301 Moved Permanently</h1></center>
* Connection #0 to host matroska.org left intact

The redirect for root tries to go to /blog/. The TLS cert is for *.
bunkus.org. I'm guessing it's just a configuration error from the two
websites being hosted on the same server.

It would be nice to get this fixed so I can get back to referencing the
spec :)

--Michael Bradshaw