[Matroska-devel] Digitally signing MKV files

Alessandro Gherardi alessandro.gherardi at yahoo.com
Wed May 13 05:03:05 CEST 2015

The Matroska specifications http://www.matroska.org/technical/specs/index.html contain a few elements related to digital signaturse, specifically: ContentSignature, ContentSigKeyID, ContentSigAlgo, ContentSigHashAlgo.
I found no references to those elements in the jebml source code (my team is a Java shop), and a few references to them in the C/C++ Matroska libraries - but nothing self-explanatory.
I have a few questions:1. Are there any code examples that show how to read/write digital signature information from/to an MKV file?2. Are there any code examples that show how to generate/verify digital signatures for an MKV file?3. Embedding a digital certificate - rather than just a public key - would allow the verifier to use PKI to verify the signature. However, the specifications don't mention any element (e.g., "DigitalCertificate") that can be used to store digital certificate. Any suggestions?
Thank you in advance,Alessandro