[Matroska-devel] EBML specification component for review - Element Data Size

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Fri May 1 15:18:25 CEST 2015

Hey,

> I know, EBML was supposed to be generic and flexible, but I would say
> experience with Matroska taught us that this specific aspect is not
> really needed.

I know of at least four (private) projects that use EBML as a basis for
various in-house solutions. Sure, it hasn't reached any kind of global
use, but Matroska is certainly not the only one.

Anyway, I don't care that strongly about the point, so I won't argue it
further. Limiting the maximum ID length to 4 is fine with me.

Kind regards,
mosu