[Matroska-devel] Broken Files Wanted

Dave Rice dave at dericed.com
Tue Jun 23 20:04:57 CEST 2015

Hi all,
Within the PreForma project, http://preforma-project.eu/mediaconch.html <http://preforma-project.eu/mediaconch.html>, MediaArea is developing a conformance checker for Matroska files. This is tied to efforts to refine the EBML and Matroska specifications so that what is and isn't Matroska conformance is more clear. To support development of a conformance checker we are seeking examples of files that may contain conformance issues. In addition to files, descriptions of workflows to create compromised Matroska files are also helpful. All Matroska file types such as mkv, mka, mk3d, webm are helpful. I'm also interested in samples of EBML files that are not Matroska or webm, if such files can be shared.

We will also be generating synthetic files that conflict with specific areas of the specification for testing. Please contact me on or offlist.
Best Regards,
Dave