[Matroska-devel] Question about Test Suite

Vignesh Venkatasubramanian vigneshv at google.com
Thu Jul 23 23:02:06 CEST 2015

Hi matroska-devel,

I am working on making my parser work with all the mkv files in the
test suite. I have a question about the 7th file in the test suite.

According to the description it has junk data at position 451418
(among other dummy elements). mkvinfo's output for that section is as
below:

| + SimpleBlock (track number 87, 1 frame(s), timecode 23.913s =
00:00:23.913) at 451417 size 34
|  + Frame with size 28
| + (Unknown element: DummyElement; ID: 0x39cde0 size: 17) at 451452 size 17

The element at 451418 is the track number which parses to 87. Hence
the SimpleBlock should be skipped as there is no track 87 in the
headers. But skipping the SimpleBlock element only gets you to 451451
(451417 + 34). How does mkvinfo get to 451452 to begin reading the
next element instead?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

--
Vignesh