[Matroska-devel] EBML data type constraints

Jerome Martinez jerome at mediaarea.net
Thu Jul 2 15:48:48 CEST 2015

Le 02/07/2015 15:21, wm4 a écrit :
> I wasn't talking about length 0 strings, but strings with '\0' bytes in
> them. (Another case we've talked about.)

http://matroska.org/technical/specs/index.html
"String - Printable ASCII (0x20 to 0x7E), zero-padded when needed"
Maybe I missed a conversation, but isn't '\0' already forbidden inside
the string?
Do you speak of trailing '\0'? Trailing '\0' may be useful when we edit
a file without having to rewrite the whole file (e.g. removal of 1
character, we don't have enough place for a padding element).

I would wonder more about UTF-8 type:
"UTF-8 - Unicode string, zero padded when needed (RFC 2279)"
it does not have the >=0x20 limitation. Maybe we should add it.
"UTF-8 - Printable Unicode string (Unicode character value >=0x20) ,
zero padded when needed (RFC 2279)"