[Matroska-devel] ffv1 in mkv
moritz at bunkus.org
Wed Jul 1 19:36:54 CEST 2015
the advantage is cooperation and interoperability. Ideally there's
always only one implementation of how a codec is stored in a codec. I
know this isn't true (e.g. the AVI compatibility mode vs. native modes),
but that should be the goal.
There is no formal way to make this happen. I'd prefer the following:
- Make a proposal here how to store things. CodecID? Is CodecPrivate
required, if yes, what would the format look like? Any special
considerations regarding framing (e.g. repeating things like sequence
headers before I frames, requirements for new Matroska elements etc)?
- Make a proposal for a short description for the codec specs page on
www.matroska.org ; if CodecPrivate is required create an informal spec
for that and post it here, too
- Let the discussion begin!
- Someone from the Matroska team (most likely me as only Steve and I
have write access to www.matroska.org) will then add the CodecID and
CodecPrivate descriptions to the appropriate web pages.
- If possible create patches for VLC and ffmpeg/libav, but post them on
their respective bug trackers, not here. libMatroska usually doesn't
need any patching.
- If applicable post patches to MKVToolNix on my issue tracker, or at
least provide a sample file if possible so that I can implement
support for it.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Matroska-devel