[Matroska-devel] Assertion failure in EbmlElement.cpp:597

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Sun Jan 4 15:03:56 CET 2015

Hey,

> Just reporting a kind-of-bug I just hit in mkvmerge.  I was creating
> an .mkv file and got this in the middle of it:
>
>   mkvmerge: /build/libebml/src/libebml-1.3.0/make/linux/../../src/EbmlElement.cpp:597:
>     filepos_t libebml::EbmlElement::Render(libebml::IOCallback&, bool,
>     bool, bool): Assertion `false' failed.
>   Aborted (core dumped)

Meh. Thanks for the report. It's the only place in libEBML where it
actually catches an exception. I'm going to fix this (I was about to
release a new version of libEBML when your email arrived, and that fix
will be part of the new release), both in libEBML and in mkvmerge where
it should output a nicer message in such a case.

Kind regards,
mosu