[Matroska-devel] (no subject)

Chris Cunningham chcunningham at google.com
Sat Feb 28 03:27:38 CET 2015

Hey Matroska!

First, let me apologize if I'm asking an answered question. The mailing
list search function is a bad link
<http://lists.matroska.org/swish/swish.cgi>.

I work on Chromium Media and we've seen a little confusion from content
creators around a line that was added
<https://github.com/Matroska-Org/foundation-source/commit/d3931e8f58898b9d673661fd7221b4704ffc917b>
to the Matroska spec <http://www.matroska.org/technical/specs/index.html>
for BlockDuration (and whether it should be used in WebM):

"When set to 0 that means the frame is not a keyframe."

Just curious about the history/motivations for this. WebM's container
guidelines don't mention this and AFAIK WebM (de)muxers just use
ReferenceBlocks ... is there an edge-case where that doesn't work out?

Thanks,
Chris