[Matroska-devel] JPEG 2000 codec support

Antonin Descampe antonin.descampe at uclouvain.be
Wed Feb 4 16:37:29 CET 2015

Dear Matroska developers ,

In the context of an EU-funded project called PREFORMA dealing with long-term preservation archives, we need to wrap JPEG 2000 frames using MKV.

I looked in mail archives and documentation, but it seems there is currently no such JPEG 2000 support within Matroska.

My questions:
* Is there any plan to include JPEG 2000 as one of the supported codec in Matroska ? If yes, what would be the timeframe ?
* Is there any work already done in that direction ?
* What would be the steps to follow to get this codec supported by Matroska ?

Many thanks in advance for any comment on that topic !

Cheers,

Antonin