[Matroska-devel] mkv standardization and documentation

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Tue Apr 21 17:06:25 CEST 2015

Hey,

> The spec should be completely separate from the source code of these
> utilities. The source code should not be normative either.

It's correct that the Foundation repository mixes tools with specs
(unfortunately). I'd rather not lose the history on any of the two.

One possibility is to for the repo into one for the specs and one for
the code, then remove the unwanted parts from each repo. This would also
require either having duplicates of common code (the »corec« and
»coremake« stuff) or to use submodules – as some of those tools are
there solely for converting the specs into code automatically (the stuff
in the »spectool« directory).

However, I'm currently unwilling to invest the effort; I've got more
than enough to do as it is. If someone wants to do it then please speak
up.

Kind regards,
mosu