[Matroska-devel] mkv standardization and documentation

Erik Piil piil.erik at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 16:12:39 CEST 2015

Hi Matroska-devel,

Following up on this conversation, upon further inspection of
https://github.com/Matroska-Org/libebml/issues/4
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FMatroska-Org%2Flibebml%2Fissues%2F4&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGXLsyjV19CR2g8aAZuIkY-Br8zmA>
it
seems that the RFC EBML draft is unofficial but the EBML specifications
found at http://matroska-org.github.io/libebml/
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fmatroska-org.github.io%2Flibebml%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNHObldXlX7DeqtwoUU0Ro3RW3BSJg>
in fact are. There is a lot of significant description about EBML that only
appears in the RFC draft, and it would be great to incorporate this
information into the main specification prior to IETF submission. What
would be the best method for considering this content for inclusion into
the main specification? Can I open tickets for selected passages?

Additionally, I noticed that the RFC EBML draft found at
http://matroska.org/technical/specs/rfc/index.html appears to be under
copyright. Did Nilsson give Matroska permission to distribute/build upon
this draft?

Thanks,

Erik