[Matroska-devel] Bug report: DSS2() hangs at end of M2TS clips

Francois Visagie francois.visagie at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 12:21:40 CET 2014

Dear Matroska developers,

[Apologies if this is a duplicate, but I don't yet see the message posted
via the gmane.org web interface a day ago.]

DSS2() hangs when it linearly spools through and reaches the end of M2TS
clips. When clips are remuxed into MP4 or MKV using ffmpeg or DSMux resp.,
this problem does not occur. When the last frame of the original clip is
accessed non-linearly, this problem does not occur. In such cases the
penultimate frame shows a constant RGB $004D00, which I believe usually
indicates an error condition in Avisynth.

This happens with all clips tested from a Canon Legria/Vixia HF G30 set to
28 Mbps AVCHD recording. Other applications like MPC-HC successfully process
such clips, which indicates that they potentially process and suppress any
error condition present. Haali Media Splitter is installed and configured
for OGM and MPEG PS/TS.

Sample M2TS clip:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7tb6q0kmyk3uj2h/AVCHD.MTS

Versions:

Haali Media Splitter/avss.dll 23/06/2013

Avisynth 2.60 Alpha 4

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit

Canon Legria/Vixia HF G30 firmware 1.0.1.0

I hope you find this information useful. Feel free to ask if there's
anything else you need.

Kind regards,

Francois

Francois Visagie