[Matroska-devel] HTML5 mapping

Brendan Long self at brendanlong.com
Wed Nov 13 19:18:10 CET 2013

A W3C community group <http://www.w3.org/community/inbandtracks/>
recently started to, "develop a specification defining how user agents
should expose in-band tracks as HTML5 media element video, audio and
text tracks so that Web applications can access the in-band track
information, through the media element, in a interoperable manner across
user agent implementations."

The main interest is probably in WebM, but Matroska developers probably
know more about the format than anyone else, so I figured I'd give you a
heads up. In my opinion, since we're mapping WebM, we might as well try
to make that mapping reasonable for Matroska as well while we're at it.
We're looking at everything from attributes (which Matroska makes easy,
with the TrackUID, Name and Language elements), to what else to expose
and how.

Anyway, please join if you're interested. You can see the current
progress on our wiki
<http://www.w3.org/community/inbandtracks/wiki/Main_Page#WebM_.2F_Matroska>
(there's not much, but the group only started about a week ago).