[Matroska-devel] Opus in Matroksa Cont.

Steve Lhomme slhomme at matroska.org
Sat Jun 15 17:47:53 CEST 2013

SeekPreRoll tells you where to seek (or rather a shift needed to compute
where you need to seek). At least that's our intention. The CodecDelay just
changes the pts in general. But with bad interleaving (imagine with a
CodecDelay of 10s for better understanding) seeking might not work well
either. Regardless of SeekPreRoll which is just a helper (you can have one
without the other).

Now if SeekPreRoll is lower than CodecDelay, there will be some problems

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 5:33 PM, Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> well... for seeking CodecDelay is not the relevant value. SeekPreRoll
> is. Though I'm still not certain how pre-skip and pre-roll interact...
> See http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-codec-oggopus-01#page-8
>
> Kind regards,
> mosu
> Read Matroska-Devel on GMane: