[Matroska-devel] Opus in Matroksa Cont.

Steve Lhomme slhomme at matroska.org
Sun Jun 9 10:08:41 CEST 2013

Here is the new Pull Request:
https://github.com/Matroska-Org/foundation-source/pull/2/files

+  <element name="SilentPadding" level="3" id="0x75A2" type="integer"
minver="4" webm="1">Duration in nanoseconds of the silent data added
to the Block (padding at the end of the Block for positive value, at
the beginning of the Block for negative value). The duration of
SilentPadding is not calculated in the duration of the TrackEntry and
should be discarded during playback.</element>
+  <element name="CodecDelay" level="3" id="0x56AA" type="uinteger"
multiple="0" default="0" minver="4" webm="1">CodecDelay is the delay
in nanoseconds to add to each Block timestamp. The value should be
small so the muxing of tracks with the same actual timestamp are in
the same Cluster.</element>

I renamed PostPadding to SilentPadding. It could also be junk at the
beginning of a Block. So negative values are for "pre-padding".

As discussed, PreSkip is now CodecDelay. I changed the description
accordingly. And I added a warning about large values that may break proper
muxing.

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 12:15 AM, Timothy B. Terriberry <
tterriberry at mozilla.com> wrote:

> Frank Galligan wrote:
>
>> The PreSkip is the number of encoded samples prepended to the encoded
>> stream by the encoder. Vorbis, AAC, Opus, MP3 all have PreSkip.
>>

>> SeekPreRoll is amount of time needed to be decoded by the decoder before
>> the output is valid anywhere in the stream. Currently only Opus has a
>> SeekPreRoll (I think).
>>

> H.264 with Periodic Intra Refresh instead of key frames also requires the
> same thing.

Steve Lhomme
Matroska association Chairman