[Matroska-devel] Mappings for HEVC/H.265 in Matroska

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Thu Jun 6 17:02:43 CEST 2013

Hey,

I'll be out of town until Sunday. Therefore just a random thought that
popped into my head when reading it:

mkvmerge already discards filler NALUs in AVC (and MPEG-1/2 video),
and I will definitely want to continue doing that with HEVC.

1:1 bitstream identity before muxing/after extraction is definitely
not my goal, never has been. Invalid byte sequences (e.g. if the
stream does not start with 0x0000001) will be discarded as well.

No invalid data in Matroska!

Kind regards,
mosu