[Matroska-devel] HEVC in mkvtoolnix

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Tue Jun 4 20:04:56 CEST 2013

Hey,

thanks for letting me know. It's good that you're working on putting
HEVC into Matroska, but I strongly urge you not to do your own thing.
Instead I'd like you to join (or start) the discussion on the Matroska
development mailing list so that we can all agree on how to do things.
My guess is that you've processed quite a bit further already than my
own (admittedly rather limited) research into this topic, so maybe
we'll end up using your proposal anyway, but this has to be discussed
in public before it's done unilaterally.

See http://lists.matroska.org/pipermail/matroska-devel/2013-April/004440.html
for the start. A couple more thoughts were exchanged on IRC, but that
was just us trying to understand how it's done in MP4 -- nothing
definitive yet.

Kind regards,
mosu