[Matroska-devel] Clarification on CueRelativePosition

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Fri Jul 19 15:58:58 CEST 2013

Hey,

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 3:51 PM, Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org> wrote:

>> In my experiments, I determined that the final seek position will point
>> to either a SimpleBlock, or a Block. And never BlockGroup. As
>> written by mkvmerge v6.2.0. Maybe I am wrong?
>
> That's definitely wrong.

*sigh*

Unfortunately you're right that the value mkvmerge writes for the
BlockGroup case actually points to the Block and not the
BlockGroup. This, however, is a bug in mkvmerge. Thanks for pointing it
out.

I'll add a an entry in my bug tracker and will fix it for the next
release.

It is SUPPOSED to always point to either a SimpleBlock or a
BlockGroup. For SimpleBlock it does, and it's OK, for BlockGroup it's
not OK.

Kind regards,
mosu