[Matroska-devel] Mappings for HEVC/H.265 in Matroska

Denis Charmet typx at dinauz.org
Mon Apr 29 15:15:50 CEST 2013

Hi,
Le dimanche 28 avril 2013 à 02:45:13, Jan Ekstrom a écrit :
> One of the points that has come up during related discussion on IRC
> has been the fact that in addition to the well-known IDR picture type
> that is generally used with closed GOP structures, there is now a
> new(?) type of picture called RAP ("random access point"), which
> encompasses IDRs, as well as two new picture types generally thought
> to be useful for Open GOP structures: CRA (''clean random access")
> picture and BLA ("broken link access") picture. Granted my experience
> with the specification is rather low, but I would think that from the
> container's point of view these could be considered more or less the
> same thing (a frame that can be seeked to), although I am not sure how
> this would or should be implemented.

One other problematic point for me would be: how to deal with frames
split around multiple tiles/slices, it isn't a problem per se for normal
playback but in case of seek it could be difficult if we just catch one
tile/slice. Should only the first one tagged as keyframe to avoid
skipping to a bad one?

Regards,

--
Denis Charmet - TypX