[Matroska-devel] Opus in Matroksa Cont.

Ralph Giles giles at thaumas.net
Fri Apr 12 20:27:12 CEST 2013

On 13-04-08 7:58 PM, Steve Lhomme wrote:

> If it's live it would be important to minimize the playback delay to a
> minimum. That plays against having a timecode shift applied by default.

The whole point of WebRTC is that regular http streaming has too much
delay, so I don't find this particularly compelling. The timecode shift
doesn't affect playback delay anyway, as mentioned. There is some
startup delay, but that's unavoidable with opus.

All that said, recording WebRTC streams is the major reason I think a
Matroska mapping for Opus is worth pursuing.

 -r