[Matroska-devel] Opus in Matroska

Ralph Giles giles at thaumas.net
Fri Sep 21 01:43:33 CEST 2012

On 12-09-20 4:21 PM, Joseph Ashwood wrote:

> So I contend that from the actual usage standpoint, the addition of 80
> ms where the codec seems to be just sitting around does not form a real
> problem.

That would work for opus, and is easier to implement than pre-roll
support in the seek algorithm. But it relies on ~80ms fade-ins being
acceptable. I'd buy that for Opus, but this same issue applies to
rolling-intra video, except the delay is between one and ten seconds.

Are you also arguing that displaying corrupt video for the first couple
of seconds after a seek is the right thing for players to do?

 -r