[Matroska-devel] Tagging MKV files

Dan Hinsley danhi at cox.net
Sat Sep 15 17:17:20 CEST 2012

Let me add my support to having Secondary SeekHeads.  What I'm writing an
app to add/update tags/chapters/cover art.  What I don't want to have to do
is rewrite the entire (probably gigabyte plus) file just to do so.  It's
going to be common that the new SeekHead will not fit in the space provided
by the existing SeekHead, and relying on finding a Void that I can use, then
rewriting everything between the original SeekHead and the Void, is just not
reasonable.  Having a Secondary SeekHead removes the need to do this.

But I'm totally OK with only allowing one.  But I think all players should
support at least one.

Dan