[Matroska-devel] File with no SeekHead

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Fri Sep 14 23:15:08 CEST 2012

Hey,

mkvinfo is a developer tool that doesn't interpret the values (too
much). In this case this means that it simply prints the raw values of
the elements beneath Cues. The interpretation ( = adding them to the
segment data start position in order to retrieve the absolute file
position) is up to the user.

> I understand that this is probably non-standard, but just trying to cover
> all possibilities.  I created a file with no SeekHead.  So from reading the
> spec, what I should do is create one that is referenced off the first Level
> 1 Element (in my case a Segment Info Element).

I don't really get what you mean by "...create one that is referenced
off the first level 1 element". Can you please paste mkvinfo's output
(with -v -v, possibly remove all cluster-related information, upload
it somewhere)?

Kind regards,
mosu