[Matroska-devel] Player that shows Tags

Dan Hinsley danhi at cox.net
Tue Sep 11 22:10:08 CEST 2012

Well, I can know tag all the sample files, but test6.mkv has a SeekHead that
is too small to contain a new SeekHead with two seeks, one to the Tags
element and one to a secondary SeekHead.  So I void out the first SeekHead,
then write a new SeekHead at the end of the file and patch up all the
offsets to be relative to the next Level 1 element, the Segment Info
element.

While the file still plays, VLC doesn't show any of the tag, chapter or
cover art info.  I had run into a problem with VLC when I first started this
project where if I replaced the SeekHead with a new one with just one Seek,
pointing to the secondary SeekHead, VLC wouldn't recognize the tags, so I'm
assuming it's something similar.

So is there another player that will display the cover art, chapters and
tags?  I tried mplayerc, but it didn't seem to do any of that.

Also, is what I've done correct.  It seems like it is from the spec ...

Thanks,

Dan