[Matroska-devel] Attached Files

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Mon Sep 3 08:15:40 CEST 2012

Hey,

On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 7:47 PM, Dan Hinsley <danhi at cox.net> wrote:

> I'm making progress.  What I ended up doing to make VLC happy is to have the
> first SeekHead have the Seek for Tags as well as the the Seek to the
> secondary SeekHead.

That is... interesting and sounds like a bug in VLC.

>  This works for tags, and since it still sees the cover
> art, I assume it's finding the Seek for the Attachments as well.

VLC might also cache such things outside of your file -- though I do
know that for certain. Just to be sure you should try at least once
with a unique file name that you haven't played with VLC before.

> Which brings up the next point.  In the cover_art sample, there are four
> files (cover.jpg, cover_land.jpg, and the same with small_ prepended).  Is
> there a standard for this?

Nope.

> I see that VLC picks the first one.  My current
> app (that tags MP4 files) just writes out one image (even though multiple
> are supported in that container as well).  Is this a reasonable plan for MKV
> as well?

I'd say yes, though I'm hardly the authority on this (but I don't know
who would be either).

Kind regards,
mosu