[Matroska-devel] Tagging MKV files

Dan Hinsley danhi at cox.net
Sat Sep 1 18:10:57 CEST 2012

I just looked at both the spec and the cover_art.mkv sample file.  The spec
says:

SeekPosition 		The position of the element in the segment in octets
(0 = first level 1 element).

And that seems to be what the cover_art file shows.  The Seek for ID
1549A966 is 9B, and at 9B offset from the start of the file (the first level
one element) is where that ID starts.

And just to make sure I understand, I can have a SeekHead, with one Seek
that points to a different SeekHead (as long as there are no loops),
correct?

Dan